Friday 4 March 2011

Royal


Our latest - using a stunning imperious print.  Complementing our Persian pillow.




The name refers to the print but also reminded me of the unfortunate patriarch, named Royal, in one of my favorite movies; The Royal Tenenbaums.  An off-beat comedic family story of disengaged child prodigies grown into adulthood but not yet grown out of their childhood outfits, and a father's bitter sweet and awkward attempt at amends - perfect casting with Gene Hackman.

Wes Anderson, it's creator has a librarian's eye on the poduction design of this movie - setting the stage for quirky intellect.  We think our pillow would have felt at home on his set : )


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the 31 day challenge, those pillows look amazing, and make me want to take a nap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillows are gorgeous and I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! I've been looking for pillows like these for a tweens room!!

    XoXo,

    Vicki
    http://nostalgiccollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that fabric! beautiful pillows :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your lovely blog through the etsy blog team!

    I loooooove the pillow, and I agree it would have been perfect for that movie. My favourite textile movie is Titanic - what I would give to have some of those fabrics. Leo isn't bad either ;)

    ReplyDelete